A rare and challenging opportunity has arisen for a Deputy Head of Internal Audit working for a prestigious organisation with excellent transport links. The successor will work closely with the Head of Audit and jointly agree upon the Annual Planning Process and communicate this throughout the team and organise internal audits in accordance with this.
To be considered for this role you need to be an experienced/qualified Internal Audit Manager who is accomplished at leading internal audit smaller teams. Experience in the delivery of financial programmes and project audits is required. It is essential that you have gained the following qualifications; (CCAB qualified Accountant or CMIIA) or relevant Internal Audit qualifications. It would also be advantageous if you were an Accredited Counter Fraud Specialist.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Schedule resources to create an internal audit work plan that meets the need of the organisation and individuals’ objectives.
• Manage your own and your teams time and resource effectively; proactively identify, foresee and take ownership of issues affecting delivery, providing solutions and options ahead of deadlines.
• Oversee delivery on all aspects of audit assignments, in line with quality, time and budget requirements, and undertake reviews of the teams work to ensure that the requirements of the HIA and professional standards have been met.
• Produce and deliver robust, evidence-based independent audit reports for individual assignments and for the wider team that meet the requirements of the HIA and customers.
• To attend Audit and Risk Assurance Committee and present reports as required.
• Support the implementation of audit management software for the audit team.
• Support the development of the Counter Fraud Strategy, oversee proactive work and undertake investigations where required.
This appointment requires a tenacious individual who enjoys operating in a complex working environment. The Deputy Head of Internal Audit will value continuous improvement of themselves and their wider team. You will benefit from an excellent remuneration package and a supportive working culture.
Working Hours: Monday-Friday 37.5 hours per week