A new role has become available with a public-sector organisation who are recruiting for a fluent Welsh speaking Digital Communications Executive.
The organisation has gone through significant changes over the last 18 months which includes updating the digital communications methods. The primary focus of this role is to manage the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of campaigns, with a particular focus on using digital channels.
Digital Communications Executive duties:
- Ensure that digital communication is fully integrated into internal and external communication strategies, policies and media marketing campaigns.
- Advise on appropriate use of different channels for campaigns, ensuring an integrated approach and using digital technologies to full potential.
- Manage, co-ordinate, plan, draft and edit imagery and copy for a mix of social media communication channels e.g. the website, adverts and Twitter.
- Manage, populate and maintain blog site.
- Keep up-to-date with emerging digital media to support the work of the communications and public affairs team and share good practice.
- Contribute to the implementation of a digital communication and engagement strategy.
- Support and contribute to the implementation of digital best practice across the organisation, including accessibility and search engine optimisation (SEO).
- Assist with the team’s responsibilities for editing and publishing on the website.
- Assist in the implementation of the Welsh language policy by performing occasional translation work to aid prompt communication.
Digital Communications Executive person specification:
- Fluent in both English and Welsh.
- Up-to-date knowledge of best practice approaches using evidence to develop and evaluate campaigns.
- Clear understanding of different digital and social media communication channels and how to use them effectively with different stakeholders.
- Awareness of appropriate use of different channels for campaigns, ensuring an integrated approach and using digital technologies to full potential.
- Previous experience of producing newsletters and articles.
- Delivery of online events including podcasts, live chats, broadcasts, blogs and Tweets.
This is an opportunity to join a welcoming organisation that prides itself on its contribution to society.
It is essential candidates able to communicate fluently in Welsh.
As well as the salary there are a range of benefits including a generous annual leave entitlement, pension and flexible working.