Due to growth, a successful manufacturing company in Swansea are recruiting for an experienced Export Manager to join them on permanent basis. Based from their European Head Office, the company have a truly global presence meaning there is a strong emphasis on export duties.
The company an inclusive spirit with a strong team ethic. This in turn ensures the company works towards the same aims and provides a high quality of product and service to their customers.
Export Manager duties:
- Responsible for compliance and adherence to all export control procedures, ensuring procedures are followed and further developed in line with changes taking place in the export environment.
- Maintaining a constant focus on constantly changing export legislation and guidelines and adapting procedures and working practices accordingly to ensure full compliance.
- Line management responsibility for the Logistics and Export department
- Achieving on time and full delivery targets, meeting delivery commitments through close liaison with colleagues in all departments particularly in operations, customer service, finance and quality.
- Develop positive attitudes and behaviours and promote a performance culture based upon the principles of Responsibility, Ownership and Accountability.
Export Manager skills and requirements:
- Strong leader with customer focus, passion to drive business improvements in the Export and Logistics department of a complex company consisting of four different Business Units with a large international, geographical and industrial market coverage.
- Achievement oriented and results driven, a confident, strong yet balanced people manager able to lead and develop a small team consisting of export coordinators and warehouse operatives, through a period of continuous change and planned growth in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Outstanding knowledge and experience of working with freight forwarders and couriers, export and logistics processes.
- A strong commercial acumen with a key focus on cost control, value for money and optimising financial transactions relating to all aspects of freight, shipping and export, including optimum use of Incoterms.
- Strong customer orientation and a proactive and positive customer service mentality with a deadline and time to market focus.
This is a newly created role for a suitably experienced candidate to “make their own”. Reporting into the Commercial Manager and looking after a small team, this is a vital role to maintain the high standards expected.
Applicants to the Export Manager role will have relevant working experience of a fast-paced manufacturing environment with specific experience and responsibility in international shipping / logistics and export, stores management, as well as an academic track record in Logistics & Supply Chain or Business Administration.
As well as the salary there is a company pension, 25 days annual leave and a range of additional intangible benefits.
Export Manager working hours: Monday to Thursday 8.00am – 4.30pm, Friday 8.00am – 2.30pm.