Due to ongoing success and expansion, a thriving organisation in Chepstow are recruiting for a Project Cost Controller.
The company are at the forefront of ground-breaking technology, leading the way where others will follow. The company is dynamic and fast paced in an ‘ever changing’ environment. This role is pivotal in supporting one particular division, meaning the post holder will develop meaningful relationships with colleagues.
Project Cost Controller job description
- Manage the creation and issue of purchase orders and the expediting of those purchase orders to support project activities.
- Manage the creation and submission of Capital Expenditure requests.
- Proactively manage the reporting and variances, including obtaining a detailed understanding of these and reporting this as part of the month end process and operational reporting activities.
- Ensure the goods receiving process for purchase orders is completed in a timely manner and according to priorities.
- Produce monthly reports for all projects, detailing variance to budget.
- Work alongside other Finance team members to ensure that all records are completed to allow the timely payment of suppliers.
- On-going management of the set-up of supplier records.
- Support the reporting of project activities such as verification of stock, time-sheet collation ensuring all project costs are recorded correctly.
Project Cost Controller person specification
- Demonstrable experience working in a busy Finance role.
- Flexible approach to the role, providing full support to all new systems / ideas that are implemented within the company.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills, able to work with multi-discipline teams.
Applicants will have an understanding of both procurement and finance concepts and processes, with demonstrable experience working in a technical engineering or manufacturing sector.
Please note that whilst this role is based in Chepstow for three days, and Bath for two days per week. (Travel expenses paid).
As well as the salary there is a comprehensive employment package that includes 25 days annual leave, contributory pension, private healthcare cover and flexible work arrangements.
If this role is not quite right for you but know someone who might be suitable, be sure to make use of our £250 Candidate Referral Scheme.