An established business services company located in central Cardiff are looking to add an experienced Recruitment Assistant to their experienced Human Resources team. This is a rare and exciting role where you will act as the recruitment lead for the business and handle all associated recruitment administration. You must be a natural multi-tasker as you will be handling high volume vacancies whilst updating internal HR software simultaneously.
The Recruitment Assistant will benefit from a central Cardiff location, in a professional and well-appointed office environment offering competitive employee benefits.
The Recruitment Assistant will be involved throughout the entire recruitment process handling initial applications to making offers therefore it is advantageous if you have gained previous recruitment experience.
The Recruitment Assistant duties and responsibilities:
- Tracking the recruitment process from start to finish ensuring that the required authority is obtained at each stage.
- Work in accordance with agreed timescales to provide excellent service, whilst aiming to reduce the overall recruitment costs.
- Creating and managing vacancies using online platforms.
- Handle all recruitment queries in a responsive, customer-focused way. Communicating effectively and confidently at all levels, over the phone, face to face and by email.
- Provide support and guidance to recruiting managers, confirming the correct recruitment procedures and adhering to best practice.
- Provide excellent customer service to external and internal candidates, to ensure a positive experience.
- Managing the recruitment inbox and responding to speculative applications;
- Arranging interviews; booking rooms and sending confirmations.
- Arrange for shortlisted candidates to take relevant assessments/testing, mark and record results accurately.
- Ensure all recruitment paperwork is returned and stored appropriately.
- Ensuring all pre-employment checks are undertaken; eligibility to work in the UK.
- Draft contract and new starter documents when all recruitment checks have been satisfied.
- Maintaining control of external agencies and ensuring the correct fees and terms are applied.
- Create personnel files for all new starters and follow up to ensure all relevant paperwork is obtained.
- Send reference requests and follow up to ensure they are returned and placed on the personnel file.
- Provide recruitment reports / management information using the HR database
- Undertake any other administrative job required by the HR team
Working Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm.
If role is not quite right for you but know someone who might be suitable, be sure to make use of our candidate referral scheme.
Bowen Eldridge Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency to appoint this vacancy on behalf of a client