A well-known and iconic company based in Cardiff are recruiting for an Assistant Accountant. The company have an inclusive nature and are ambitious to create a thriving organisation that benefits internal staff and external customers. Joining a successful finance team, this role reports into the Finance Manager.
The Assistant Accountant role will be a key appointment which will require a blend of strong accounting skills and commercial awareness.
Assistant Accountant duties
- Business partner to specific business areas. Running transaction reports, reconciling department budget trackers to the accounting system, posting any required journals as reconciling assigned Balance sheet accounts.
- Processing a wide range of settlements across the Group in a timely fashion.
- Meet with budget holders on a regular basis flag up any issues and ensure all records are up to date. Send out month end reports to allocated budget holders, and produce clear, concise and accurate variance explanations for inclusion in the management accounts pack, all in line with month end procedures.
- Support the Financial Accountant with the preparation of information for inclusion in the annual statutory accounts and information requested by the auditors.
- Provide cover for members of the Finance Transaction team during periods of absence, in particular for payroll and sales ledger.
Assistant Accountant person specification
- AAT/CIMA/ACCA/ACA part qualified.
- Excellent communication skills to work with stakeholders and customers.
- Strong computer skills, including demonstrable competency in software packages including Microsoft Office, Excel etc.
- Be accountable for work performed, ensuring agreed timelines are complied with.
- Prioritise own workload, with the ability to also work under pressure.
This is an excellent opportunity for a suitably experienced Assistant Accountant to join an organisation in a prestigious role. The successful applicant will work on a variety of exciting projects and have a true Business Partner relationship with colleagues.
Assistant Accountant benefits include 25 days annual leave, company pension, staff discounts and career development opportunities.
If this role is not quite right for you but know someone who is suitable, be sure to make use of our Candidate Referral Scheme.
Bowen Eldridge Recruitment is acting as an Accountancy Recruitment Agency to appoint this vacancy on behalf of a client.