A specialist business near Barry are recruiting for an Assistant Accountant on a permanent basis. The purpose of the role is to support the Finance team with insightful Management Accounts information as well as execute transactional work.
Reporting into the Financial Controller and forming part of a busy Finance team, this is a crucial role as the company continues to develop and grow.
Assistant Accountant duties
- Supporting the preparation of Management Accounts and month end duties.
- Processing of a variety of financial transactions.
- Processing of invoicing for various revenue streams with reference to the appropriate customer and coding.
- Assists in the improvement of the company’s financial controls and procedures.
- Carry out foreign exchange transactions and month end translation.
- Maintaining ledgers and preparing financial reconciliations, collating the relevant information.
- Manages and controls aged-receivables analysis and ensures outstanding receivables are reported and chased in a timely manner.
- Preparation of management information and variance analysis.
- To actively support the continuous improvement projects within the business to help improve quality, productivity, etc.
- Assisting with the annual audit and tax, including the provision of information to the auditors and tax advisors.
Assistant Accountant person specification
- AAT part or fully qualified or have significant experience of working in a Finance role.
- Good communication skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical.
- Experience of working with Sage is beneficial.
- Understands controls and process with experience of improving processes.
An opportunity to join a fascinating business, joining a new and developing team. As the company grows it is anticipated this role will grow with it, in the future becoming a Management Accountant.
If this role is not quite right for you but you know someone who might be suitable, be sure to make use of our Candidate Referral Scheme.
Bowen Eldridge Recruitment is acting as a Finance Recruitment Agency to appoint this role on behalf of a client.