A successful and dynamic business services company in Cardiff are recruiting for a Commercial Accountant to join their Finance team.
The company offer a wide range of innovative services to their clients working across both the private and public sector. In the industry, they are recognized as Wales’ biggest and have a UK wide client base.
The primary function of this role is to improve margin and profitability across a specific business unit, and will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of accurate and timely financial information including insightful recommendations for business improvement.
Commercial Accountant duties
- Management and development of Assistant Accountant.
- Work with the Head of Finance to improve systems and processes and provide support with any changes.
- Reconciliation of the accrued/deferred revenue and other revenue related balance sheets providing analysis and commentary on a monthly basis.
- Monthly Revenue reporting pack distributed to Head of Finance – (Revenue, margin, under/over service).
- Ensure compliance with audit requirements and support the year end and audit processes.
- Provide monthly revenue/income re-forecasting and budgeting within the job management and forecasting system.
- Ensure there are price quotes for all jobs, highlighting any areas of non-compliance to Head of Finance.
- Supporting on insights with relation to pipeline management.
- Other ad-hoc revenue and margin analysis as and when required.
Commercial Accountant person specification
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role. This could be as an Assistant Accountant, Management Accountant, Finance Analyst etc.
- Strong academic background, ideally being a part qualified accountant.
- Excellent communication skills. There is a strong emphasis on ‘Business Partnering’.
- Proficient with systems, strong/advanced ability on Excel.
An excellent opportunity to join a growing business, reporting to the Head of Finance. There are potential study support options for the right candidate.
Hybrid working available.
As well as the salary there 26 days holiday, pension scheme, life assurance, flexible and hybrid working and a comprehensive wellness programme.
If this role is not quite right for you but you know someone suitable, be sure to make use of our £250 Candidate Referral Scheme.
Bowen Eldridge Recruitment is acting as a Finance Recruitment Agency to appoint this vacancy.