An established Not For Profit organisation in Newport are recruiting for a part time Finance Officer to join them on a permanent basis.
The organisation is involved in a range of crucial services to the local area. This role is within a well defined Finance Team, reporting to the Head of Department.
The Finance Officer role is crucial to ensuring there is sufficient funding available and forecasting is accurate.
Finance Officer duties
- Carry out day-to-day treasury operations. Produce daily cashflows and maintain a live forecast of future cash flows for a rolling period of at least twelve months forward.
- Coordinate day-to-day access to online banking platforms.
- Collate supporting information for and advise on budgets for treasury activities such as lenders fees, financing costs, bank charges and loan amortisation.
- Complete all required month-end reporting tasks for treasury activities in a timely manner to facilitate completion of management accounts by the Finance team within deadlines.
- Provide ad hoc support to the rest of the Finance team as required.
Finance Officer person specification
- Methodical approach to handling data.
- Experience of using Accounting software and banking systems.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skill.
- Strong Excel ability.
- Provide ad-hoc support to the rest of the Finance team as required.
- Strong team ethics.
This is a part time role, 24 hours per week.
Applications are welcome from candidates seeking a part time role with experience in a Finance Officer, Accounts Assistant, Finance Assistant role.
Bowen Eldridge Recruitment are acting as a Finance Recruitment Agency to appoint this vacancy on behalf of a client.