A successful manufacturing company in Bridgend are now recruiting for a Financial Controller on a permanent basis. The company has a global presence and provides a range of specialist products to an impressive customer base.
The Financial Controller will form part of the site’s Senior Management Team and will report to the EMEA Finance Director. The role is responsible for managing financial performance and supporting business growth plans by working with a variety of colleagues. Due to the seniority of the appointment, sector relevant experience (manufacturing) is essential.
Financial Controller job description
- Preparation of budget and financial forecasting and reporting any variances.
- Coordinate the verification of standard cost accuracy with each product line through the analysis of variance reports run from the system. Make any necessary corrections.
- Preparing and publishing all monthly financial statements.
- Creating reports (annual and monthly) which identifies results, trends and forecasts.
- Serve as the primary internal contact in Operations for the projects regarding cost, execution and evolution comparing to the estimates.
- Coordinate communication between various functional areas regarding projects cost control.
- Develop project plans and schedules by working with functional groups (Sales, Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing and Installation) to develop controls and assure targeted margins.
- Provide Analysis support to product costs, manufacturing variance, inventory mix.
- On a yearly basis, lead and finalize the standard cost rollup. This process sets the standard costs for the following year.
- Streamlining and improving all operations and accounting systems.
- Overseeing the audit process and liaising with external personnel where required.
- Support the business with the financial strategy and decision-making processes.
- Assist the EMEA Finance Director with presenting reports to board members, senior executives and board members.
Financial Controller person specification
- Professionally qualified Accountant.
- Cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience analysing manufacturing operations and maintaining cost accounting systems essential.
- Proven knowledge and experience in accounting and financial systems.
- Strong IT skills including proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated effective leadership ability within a matrix team environment and contributes significantly to team performance.
An opportunity for a suitably experienced candidate to join a business as it goes through a transformational journey. The successful candidate will have excellent commercial awareness, be able to build relationships and welcome a challenge.
As well as the salary there is performance related bonus, company pension, 25 days annual leave and additional intangible benefits.
If this role is not quite right for you but you know someone suitable, be sure to use our Candidate Referral Scheme.
Bowen Eldridge is acting as a Finance Recruitment Agency to appoint this role.