A national business Headquartered in Cardiff are recruitment for a Head of Communications. This a pivotal role to enhance the reputation of a trusted brand and deliver key messages to staff.
The company are in a niche sector and with solid foundations brought about by the quality of their work. The operations are based in south Wales and deliver a range of products and projects to the rest of the UK.
Head of Communications responsibilities
- Responsible for developing, overseeing and managing a wide-ranging internal and external communications programme that brings the strategy to life and enhances its storytelling. Includes internal communications, corporate communications including media relations, event conception and delivery, awards and sponsorship, multimedia digital content and social media management.
- Managing a team of two responsible for ensuring all internal and external communications and engagement activity is strategically aligned, creatively executed, proactive, well planned, joined-up and sustained.
- Responsible for ensuring the Communications team has a strong understanding of customers’ needs, priorities, challenges and opportunities.
Head of Communications person specification and experience
- Substantial experience of delivering strategically planned, creative communications and engagement activity at a senior level.
- Developing and delivering successful multichannel communications and engagement plans and/or campaigns.
- Building and nurturing strong, sustained and purposeful relationships with stakeholders.
- Developing strong media relationships and delivering media relations activity.
- Strategically planned communications activity.
- Understanding of brand and messaging and day-to-day delivery against both.
- First rate verbal and very strong written communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Commitment to and ability to convey company purpose and values at all times.
Applications are welcome from those working in-house or in a PR or Communications Agency looking to focus on one brand. This is an important role to enhance internal communications as well as to reposition the external face of the business.
If this role is not quite right for you but know someone who might be suitable, be sure to make use of our Candidate Referral Scheme.
Bowen Eldridge Recruitment are acting as a Marketing Recruitment Agency to appoint this vacancy on behalf of a client.