Bowen Eldridge Recruitment are pleased to be working with a successful manufacturing company who are recruiting for an experienced HR Manager to join them on a permanent basis.
The company have an international presence with several sites throughout the country and this role is based in the UK Head Office. Supporting a workforce of approximately 300 the HR Manager will be responsible for managing the Group HR Function whilst reporting into a company Director.
HR Manager duties:
- Using experience, skills and knowledge of the HR industry to make an impact in key areas such as change management, organisational design, employee engagement and talent analytics.
- Providing strategic and day-to-day leadership to drive the delivery of the business’ HR plans.
- Manage all recruitment campaigns, creatively approaching the sustainability project for the Company.
- Responsibility for all matters in relation to Apprentices, including recruitment, reviews, development and any other areas that may arise.
- Responsible and accountable for ensuring that all training within the group for management, leadership and development is sourced and booked, including training needs identified within the process.
- Ensure that all training plans are developed and are kept up to date for audit and budget monitoring purposes.
- To act as the Data Protection Officer for the company, acting as the point of contact relating to compliance.
- Take an active part in the Company’s Health and Safety steering group, ensuring that all actions raised within the meetings are completed.
- To model a stance of continuous improvement for all HR policies, procedures, working practices and documentation.
- Update and re-issue the group staff handbook and contracts of employment as and when new employment laws are introduced, or Company policies are changed.
HR Manager person specification:
- Extensive leadership experience within a similar role.
- Previous experience within a manufacturing environment.
- CIPD qualified.
- IOSH qualified is desirable.
- A general understanding of GDPR and compliance.
- Proven record of success implementing change management/policies/culture.
- Experience of dealing with senior and sometimes challenging individuals.
- People management experience – a proven ability to manage the workforce ensuring all company/legal requirements are adhered to.
- Exposure to health & safety and the importance of its correct implementation.
- Proven ability of writing and updating contracts and staff handbooks in line with employment law changes.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced HR Manager to join a company that is looking to take its HR function to the next level with a strategic focus, however someone who is willing to get “stuck-in” with operational requirements when needed.
As well as the salary there is a comprehensive employment package that includes 34 days annual leave entitlement (including Bank Holiday), 2 x life assurance cover, contributory pension, private medical cover, access to childcare, eye test and cycle to work scheme vouchers