Due to growth, a privately owned business in Cardiff are recruiting for a Management Accountant. This is an important appointment as the company continues to grow and will support the Finance Director with Financial Reporting to inform business decisions.
The Management Accountant will oversee and develop members of a small finance team whilst being responsible for producing high quality reports.
Management Accountant duties
- Management Accounting, production of Monthly Management Accounts, full analysis pack and variance analysis.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Balance sheet reconciliation and control.
- Cashflow management.
- Financial Accounting (including prepayments, accruals, WIP, stock movement etc.)
- Help develop junior members of the Finance team.
- Oversee the companies Purchase Ledger function.
- Monitoring and interpreting cash flows.
- Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Control and Improvement of Financial processes.
- Providing and interpreting cost and overhead analysis.
- Statutory returns – VAT & EC Sales, Annual Return, P11D’s, ONS, Payroll year end.
- Budgets and Reforecasts production and monitoring.
- Keeping updated of any changes in financial regulations and legislation.
Management Accountant person specification
- Be working towards ACCA or CIMA qualification.
- Commercial and business awareness.
- Confidence to deliver important information to senior colleagues.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team and to build strong working relationships.
An opportunity to join a fast paced and commercial organisation in a newly created role. Applicants will have the desire to succeed and will look at ways to improve efficiencies.
As well as the salary there is an employee benefits scheme that includes Perkbox, wellness programmes and there is free onsite parking.
If this role is not quite right for you but know someone who might be suitable, be sure to make use of our candidate referral scheme
Bowen Eldridge Recruitment is acting as a Finance Recruitment Agency to appoint this role on behalf of a client.