A multimillion-pound turnover business based in Caerphilly are recruiting for a Management Accountant. The Management Accountant role sits with a busy finance team, having close contact with the Group Financial Controller and senior colleagues.
The company is well established in the local area and has a nationwide reach. They have a diverse range of services, with both private and public sector clients.
Management Accountant duties
- Preparation of divisional monthly management accounts (P&L and balance sheet) within strict deadlines.
- Preparing detailed P&L accounts including variance analysis to budget, trend analysis and providing supporting commentary.
- Providing a monthly business reporting pack for each sub-business providing explanations for unusual trends compared to budget.
- Regularly reconciling all balance sheet accounts.
- Reviewing controls and process to make improvements where necessary.
- Prepare and submit quarterly VAT returns and ensure that all VAT payments are made on time.
- Maintaining the cashbook daily including posting transactions to the ledger and updating the bank reconciliation.
- Maintaining a daily cash flow analysis and preparing cash flow forecasts.
- Liaising with the auditors for the annual audit.
- Developing financial reports as required.
Management Accountant person specification
- Holder of recognised accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, ACMA) or currently working towards one of these qualifications with relevant experience.
- Ability to work in a consultative role, advising on improvements and best practice.
- Demonstrates commercial awareness and understanding, without compromising financial disciplines.
- Continually seeks opportunities to improve and streamline processes.
- Experience of presenting financial information via PowerPoint.
- Experience of Sage accounting systems preferable.
An excellent opportunity to join a large finance team in an important role. The Management Accountant will be ambitious to succeed and value to the finance team specifically and the company in general.
There is an element of travel associated with this role, with an occasional overnight stay.
The company has a dedicated training and development programme for all staff with additional benefits.
If this role is not quite right for you but know someone who might be suitable, be sure to make use of our Candidate Referral Scheme.
Bowen Eldridge Recruitment are acting as an Accountancy Recruitment Agency on behalf of a client to appoint this vacancy.