A successful and growing company in Newport are recruiting for an experienced Payroll Manager on a permanent basis. Having a national reach, the company places great value on ensuring their levels of customer service is always high, which translates into a progressive internal culture.
The Payroll Manager will manage the entire company’s payroll activity which includes both weekly and monthly payroll. An important appointment to develop streamlined processes and procedures, working with an innovative and receptive team.
Payroll Manager duties
- Keep updated regarding any legal changes in law relating to payroll, ensuring any changes are implemented as necessary.
- Assisting with the implementation of new payroll procedures and taking the lead on any internal system improvements.
- Complete starter and leaver processes for staff on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Update employee records on the payroll systems.
- Calculate and update annual holiday entitlements.
- Ensuring discrepancies regarding pay are rectified and records are amended.
- Calculate basic payments including SSP, SMP, etc.
- Process pension contributions and upload the data and information to providers.
- Submit relevant Real-Time Information (RTI) reports.
- Ensure payslips are administered to the monthly deadlines.
- Payment of the Company benefits.
Payroll Manager person specification
- Experience managing the end to end payroll processes and experience with payroll systems.
- Demonstrable management experience and the ability to manage staff.
- First class knowledge of payroll principles.
- Ability to communicate with employees and senior managers.
- Appreciate and respect confidentiality and dealing with sensitive information.
- A hands-on, can-do approach.
An opportunity to join a flourishing and growing company in an important role. Hybrid working is available meaning 3 days a week would be in the Newport office, 2 days from home (if desired).
As well as the salary there are 25 days annual leave, life assurance, staff discounts and other intangible benefits.
If this role is not quite right for you but know someone who might be suitable, be sure to make use of our £250 Candidate Referral Scheme.
Bowen Eldridge Recruitment are acting as a Finance Recruitment Agency to appoint this vacancy on behalf of a client.