An established Marketing and Advertising agency are recruiting for a new PR Account Director on a permanent basis.
The agency has a range of national and international clients working across B2B and B2C projects. They cover not only traditional PR and Advertising but the full scope of Communications that gets their clients brands seen and recognised.
The PR Account Director will act as the be strategic, creative and client lead for the team. Overseeing the execution of various campaigns for clients as well as being the business lead to ensure accounts are profitable and growing.
PR Account Director duties
- Leading the strategic and creative development of client PR and social programmes and accounts.
- Overseeing the PR and social campaigns from creative brief to implementation and delivery – including ensuring high quality outputs.
- Leading client events (e.g., exhibitions, award ceremonies, press conferences).
- Developing senior media contacts as well as key commentators, influencers, and industry spokespeople.
- Leading brainstorms and share creative inspiration from external sources.
- Monitoring industry and external climate to advise on PR strategy and positioning.
- Identifying emerging issues that may affect the client’s organisation and advise on appropriate response.
- Managing the strategic development of client business, proactively seeking opportunities to enhance business understanding and creating new business opportunities.
- Leading a team – motivating them to deliver excellent work and giving account juniors clear ownership of programme elements.
- Identify, develop and convert existing client briefs – developing strategically sound and creatively impactful responses that deliver results and value.
- Take responsibility for the financial performance of client portfolio. Ability to build and manage a profitable budget, accurately forecast your work and revenue and accurate delivery of job reconciliations.
PR Account Director person specification
- Experience of working within a PR/integrated agency environment.
- Be able to understand the role that PR plays at a strategic level and provide counsel to senior clients about their marketing challenges and opportunities.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of PR and social media practices as well as a good understanding of other disciplines including advertising, content marketing, branding and design, media planning and buying, and the role that each one plays in the marketing mix.
- Ability to plan and deliver earned-led integrated PR and social campaigns.
- Proven ability as a writer and editor.
- The ability to be adaptable and calm under pressure.
- A confident communicator with an enthusiastic, can-do attitude.
- Commercial understanding and confident with numbers.
- A natural curiosity to learn.
A rare opportunity to join a large creative agency in a crucial role. Applicants will have demonstrable experience working for a creative marketing, PR or Communications agency as either an Account Director or Senior Account Manager.
Based in Cardiff city centre and easily accessible from south Wales and Bristol region. The office is slowly being reopened and after taking an internal staff poll, a blended approach to work will be taken. A minimum of two days a week will be in Cardiff.
As well as the salary there is a comprehensive benefits package to include a discretionary annual bonus, 26 days holiday, flexible working arrangements and a ‘hybrid’ work model.
If this role is not quite right for you but know someone who might be suitable, be sure to make use of our £250 Candidate Referral Scheme.
Bowen Eldridge Recruitment is acting as a Marketing Recruitment Agency on behalf of client.