Due to increased workload a new role has been created for an experienced Risk Officer to join an innovative business services company. The company have grown exponentially over the last ten years and are continuing to build on their momentum.
The role of Risk Officer is responsible for delivering and identifying enhancements to the Risk Management Framework including continued development of a risk register, risk appetite and control frameworks.
Risk Officer duties
- Complete Risk Assurance reviews – propose additional reviews for the plan, approaches to ensure reviews are completed and identify reasonable actions.
- Support the business in process documentation, including identification of existing controls and propose enhancements.
- Manage Issue with resolution owners to resolution – proactively assisting and enhancing the control environment.
- Perform “deep dive” Risk and Compliance reviews on accounts with adverse markers/behaviours.
- Enhance Risk & Compliance processes by considering automation, changes in external technology and trends, reviews and controls.
- Innovate in approach to analysis and self-driven proposals for enhancements across the function and business.
- Support the Head of Risk and Compliance in all other delegated tasks as appropriate – including insurance reviews and renewals, accounts of concern trends, data etc.
Risk Officer person specification
- Demonstrable experience of working in Risk role.
- Conducted Risk assessments.
- Review and challenge existing internal processes.
- Relationship builder.
- Excellent communication skills.
Applicants will ideally have experience working in the Financial Services sector, but this is not essential.
As well as the salary there is a comprehensive employment package that includes 26 days annual leave, private medical insurance and discounted gym membership amongst others!
If role is not quite right for you but know someone who might be suitable, be sure to make use of our candidate referral scheme.
Bowen Eldridge Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency to appoint this vacancy on behalf of a client.